Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Happy Birthday {Card}

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great Tuesday. Life has been treating me really good, it's always blue sky and everything nice. What can I expect from the dry spell when the rain is not falling at all, surely it's blue sky all the time and darkness at night {smile}. I'm doing good except the heat wave sees me indoor during the day. It gives me more chances to create a card or scrap a layout than digging out soil in the garden which I can only do very early in the morning before the sun smile down on me. 
i have just completed another card today and I'm very happy with the result. This has always been my signature style so to speak {grin}. I love shabby, distress, 3D look and the more layers the merrier {at least for me}. lol...
Supplies: Kaiserccraft patterned papers & stamps, Tim Holtz distress ink, digi image from, and others from my stash 
Always lots of layers (((love it))).
This card is based on this sketch by Marie for Sunday Stamps
 Fluttering off to join these challenges:
1. Sunday Stamps : Sketch SSC70
2. Cutin and Stampin : Butterflies are buzzing (1/3)
3. Everybody Art Challenge : Light green / Brown
4. Oldie But A Goodie : Spring Has Sprung (I used old collection of pp) 

Thank you for dropping by and hope you are having a nice day. I'll be back shortly.

An Update on this day 10 March 2014:
This card was chosen by design team designer Joan Jeffery as Top Picks at Sunday Stamps and she wrote:

It was difficult to pick a favourite this week - so many wonderful entries. But my heart belongs to butterflies and flowers and I loved everything about Asmah's card - all the distressing, the colours and how the butterflies are popping off the page.  Congratulations, Asmah.

Thank you Joan. I was flattered {smile}.

Hugs and smiles,

11 comments:

  1. A stunning card Asmah, I love the layers of gorgeous papers and such beautiful image and butterflies!!

    Thanks so much for joining Everybody Art Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shabby chic card! Great layering and I love those butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Asmah. Really love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love all the butterflies, thanks for sharing in the Cuttin' and Stampin' Chlallenge.
    cathyplus5.blogspot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterflies and fabulous layering and distressing combine to create a really unique card. Great take on the Sunday Stamps sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this fortnight--please play along with us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! So much texture - I love all the distressing and those butterflies are gorgeous. So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asmah
    Beautiful card. Love the design and the butterflies.
    Don't know how you manage without a die cutting machine but all of your projects look fab.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing beautiful card! Beautiful layers! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a great work! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful butterfly creation at EAC.
    xoxo Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! There are so many pretty details and lots of fancy cutting! Thanks so much for playing along & sharing your project with us at Cuttin' and Stampin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - love the dimension!
    Thanks for playing with us at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah